How to change referral links existing subscribers
There could be many reasons why you want to change the referral links of your subscribers:
- you put the widget on the wrong page by mistake
- you have changed landing on your website
- you have changed your website URL
Let's say you have changed the landing page of your referral program from https://mywebsite.com/referral-program to https://mywebsite.com/refer-a-friend and want to update the referral links of existing subscribers to point to the new page.
Whatever the reason, you can easily update the URL of the referral links in Maître with one click:
- Go to your campaign dashboard
- Go to Settings > Advanced settings
- In the orange box, enter the new URL. It must be a valid URL (eg: https://mywebsite.com/refer-a-friend, not mywebsite.com/refer-a-friend)
That's it. After you click on Update, we'll update the referral links of all your existing subscribers with the new URL.
Important things to know
- This process will permanently change the referral links of your existing subscribers and can't be undone.
- This process will only update the referral links of existing subscribers. If you want to make sure new subscribers use the new URL, set it as default in the Basic settings (Edit > Basic > Default Referral URL)