What is the Tracking Pixel
Maître Tracking Pixel is a small snippet of code that allows you to track referral conversions on your website, so that you can reward people who refer friends which complete a certain action (eg: a purchase, a download, etc).
With Maître Tracking Pixel you can create very sophisticated Ambassador programs like:
- give 50% discount to a person who refers 3 friends who sign up to the PRO plan
- give free ticket to a person who refers 5 friends who purchase the ticket
- give free access to a person who refers 10 friends who download the app
- any ambassador program
How do I create one?
Simply go to the "Tracking pixel" tab of your campaign dashboard and click on "New Tracking Pixel".
In the popup you can choose the default settings of your tracking pixel. Some of these settings can be overridden manually (more on this later).
"Enable tracking pixel" allows you to enable/disable the tracking pixel. When the tracking pixel is disabled conversion won't be registered.
- The second toggle allows you to choose manual or automatic confirmation of the conversions. By default this is set to "automatic" so that you don't need to manually verify each conversion, however sometimes you might want to make sure everything is working and enable manual confirmations.
- "Points" is how many points the referrer will earn by referring a friend who trigger this conversion.
- "Currency" is the currency ISOCODE (eg: USD, GBP, EUR) of the transaction. Useful if you want to attribute a monetary value to the conversion.
- "Value" is the monetary value of the transaction (eg: $30).
In our example above, we have created a tracking pixel with default values are 10 points and $50 transaction value.